Friday, October 22, 2010

I looked into precise generalities because I wanted to get more of an understanding of how they are used in real life.  My google search came up with a bunch of statistic sights, which is interesting to me because I am in an intro to statistic class right now.  I looked at one of the sights and they used the idea of a precise generalization in their abstract.  This makes sense to me because precise generalizations are all about percents and probability, so I can see how they would fit into the world of statistics.  I learned in my statistics class that if something is a high enough percent you can say it is significant, which is the same thing as how the book describes if a percentage that is given is high enough then it makes for a strong argument.  Now I think of precise generalizations as statistics and it makes it easier to remember. 
Here’s the link J
http://www.springerlink.com/content/q5726wj14387p235/

No comments:

Post a Comment